Kim's Mayor Survey - July
Cities questioned in this month's survey conducted by: Hawaiian_Kim: Kuvasz, Eagle, and Somali.
Hello, My name is Hawaiian_Kim or HK and over the past few weeks, I have been interviewing the current mayors of PP cities. I asked them a series of questions, which I will post below and they answered them to the best of their abilities. If your looking for a new city to join or are thinking about running for mayor and need some advice, check out the interviews below! These mayors dedicated their time to explain some tricks they learned along the way and also explain why their city, is the city to join.
1. What city are you currently mayor for?
2. Why did you choose to be in the current city you are in?
3. What made you decide to run for mayor of your city?
4. Is this your first time running for mayor? If yes, explain the challenges/new experience you faced during your run. If no, please explain a past experience or a new challenge you faced during this mayoral race.
5.What are some of the things you like about being mayor?
6.What are some of the challenges/problems of being mayor?
7.If you had any suggestions for someone running to be mayor in their city, what would you tell them?
8.Make your city stand out! Why should people looking to purchase property in a city, choose your city over the others?
Thanks for answering!
1. I'm currently mayor of Kuvasz City
2. A few years ago i decided to go on a (failed) tour of the cities and i think Kuvasz was maybe the 3rd or 4th city i'd made a stop at and i really enjoyed it, but wanted to move on to another city, but my next city just wasn't for me. There was little participation and people weren't very welcoming, so i went back to Kuvasz and decided to cut short my tour and focus on SE :)
3. *grins* We were in a bit of a predicament in the fact that the people who usually run for mayor were unable to run this month for various reasons, so i stepped in as a back up plan just incase no one else applied and hey, i ended up being mayor :)
4. No, second time running. I applied for Wolfox city around 4 years ago, but i think i was too young to fully take on running a city back then. This race wasn't much of a race as i was the back up plan, along with another citizen :)
5. Erm, it's nice to help people out and organise things; i really like planning events and keeping check of everyones scores and such :) It's also nice to feel needed by the city, like playing an important role for once and really getting to know the people in your city.
6. The biggest challenges for me personally is understanding all the benefits system and such, i'm really clueless and i don't want to mess anything up, so yeah, the more technical side of running a city.
7. Just be really enthusiastic, make time to make yourself known on the boards and keep your citizens entertained with daily activites. Communication is also a really important part :)
8. In a sentence, Kuvasz City prides itself on being one big family. From the second you join, you're made to feel welcome with hi's and hugs from a large amount of our citizens and there's always a really warm atmosphere. Whether you're having a good day or a bad day, Kuvvies are always there for each other; offering advice where needed and sharing laughs during the great days. We run a large amount of daily activites which can earn you great prizes at the end of the month for participation. These activies are shared out between everyone so no one person is expected to do it all and many people have their own long running activites. We recently won a PFC contest by a land slide and considering we're the smallest city, it says a lot about our team work and dedication :) I could talk all day about KC, but you have to feel the atmosphere for yourself to really understand :)
I am Lukies, current mayor of Eagle city and have been for 8 months. I have a great team working under me and they are doing a great job. I came to Eagle 1 week after its creation and there were only 9 citizens at that time. I came from Labby city because I wanted more....friendship, closeness..honestly, I really don't know but what I did get when I moved was a whole new family. People I could talk to an they understood what was going on with me and I listened and understood what was happening with them.
I love my city and will never leave. We may be small but we take care of our own and sometimes help others.
Anyone who wants to come to Eagle city will be greeted with a very warm welcome.
This may not be what you want to hear(read), but that's my story.
I am a dedicated Eagle, have brought several here and have made Mayor 8 months in a row because I know how to run a city and it works.
Called, slow and steady....
I could go on and on but if you want to publish any of this, I want to see what you will say before putting it on a web page.
one other thing, your not listed on the staff page so any response should come through him.
I do not block anyone so you can contact me if needed.
Eagle City Mayor
1. What city are you currently mayor for? Somali City
2. Why did you choose to be in the current city you are in? I love cats, and well, it is Somali City :) Not exactly an intelligent reason but there it is.
3. What made you decide to run for mayor of your city? I felt like the past few months have not gone well for Somali City. We've become a bit stagnant, and we didn't even have a mayor for last month. It was that final straw that spurred me to put in an application.
4. Is this your first time running for mayor? If yes, explain the challenges/new experience you faced during your run. If no, please explain a past experience or a new challenge you faced during this mayoral race. Yes, it is my first time. I actually didn't find many challenges... I did find, though, that once my application came up, I felt kind of embarrassed over it. I thought it was a bit too antagonistic to any past mayors because at the time I didn't realize how much they had actually done, and hoped no one would be annoyed with me for it. Guess not since I got elected.
5.What are some of the things you like about being mayor? I like the benefit manager. I like being able to actually go in and say "Okay, this is what I want to happen for Swaps, and for the armory" and being able to set things to whatever the citizens may desire.
6.What are some of the challenges/problems of being mayor? Bingo. I was hoping that the Bingo system would be relatively straightforward, but instead I don't even know if I'm going through the right motions to actually get a bingo week at all. Wish there was a bit more clarity in setting that up.
7.If you had any suggestions for someone running to be mayor in their city, what would you tell them? Don't have too many high expectations! Your citizens may not be as enthusiastic about everything as you are. Look over everything carefully, and be ready to come on Powerpets at least once every other day to check up on things and try to set things up. And of course, always listen to your citizens.
8.Make your city stand out! Why should people looking to purchase property in a city, choose your city over the others? We have great benefits, great citizens, and plenty of room to grow even better. Instead of getting lost in the larger cities, get noticed in Somali City =)
I hope all these interviews helped you get a better perspective on running for mayor or joining a city. As you can see only a select few of the current mayors allowed me to interview them. Hopefully in the future as mayors change, we can get more perspective from various cities on PP. Till then, I hope everyone has fun in their cities and its never too late to run for mayor or join a city!